The National Quality Standard
The NQS is a schedule to the National Regulations. The NQS sets a new national benchmark for the quality of education and care services. It will also give services and families a better understanding of a quality service. This enables families to make informed decisions about the services providing education and care to their child.
The new NQS brings together 7 Quality Areas that are important to outcomes for children. These are:
QA1 Educational program and practice
QA2 Children’s health and safety
QA3 Physical environment
QA4 Staffing arrangements
QA5 relationships with children
QA6 Collaborative partnerships with families
QA7 Leadership and service management
The NQS allows each service to adopt approaches that are most appropriate to the children being educated and cared for at that service
At Serrell Street Kindergarten we are currently focusing on QA5 Relationships with children.
- Interactions with each child are warm and responsive and build trusting relationships
- Every child is able to engage with educators in meaningful, open interactions that support the acquisition of skills for life and learning
- Each child is supported to feel secure, confident and included
- Each child is supported to work with, learn from and help others through collaborative learning opportunities
- Each child is supported to manage their own behaviour, respond appropriately to the behaviour of others and communicate effectively to resolve conflicts
- The dignity and the rights of every child are maintained at all times
In the kindergarten foyer we have QA5 for parents to contribute to and provide feedback, please take some time to take a look and make your contributions.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, we would love the opportunity to talk with you. Please contact Kate Strongman, kindergarten director on 9571 8607 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.